Frequently Asked Questions
What is a fractional Chief Financial Officer?
A fractional CFO is an experienced CFO who provides services for organizations in a part-time, retainer, or contract arrangement. This offers a company the experience and expertise of a high-end CFO without the in-house cost—salary, benefits, and bonuses—of a full-time CFO.
What will a RockRidge Financial Fractional CFO do for my company?
We operate similarly to a full-time CFO by providing financial leadership, financial expertise, financial strategies, and financial credibility.
We most commonly partner with companies to help overcome financial challenges, achieve growth, optimize strategy, implement systems, raise capital, or navigate a transaction. We work with the CEO/senior management on strategic decisions to ensure the profitability and sustainable growth of the business. The single most important responsibility of a RockRidge Financial fractional CFO is to create shareholder value, whether that’s to institutional investors, angel investors, or to the owner. We interpret data and provide vital information to owners/managers, including KPI’s (key performance indicators), financial statements, and forecasts. We work with banks and creditors, customers, suppliers, and investors.
Can you help my company overcome a Specific Challenge?
Yes, we have helped many organizations when there are financial challenges that the company’s existing team doesn’t have either the skills or bandwidth to address. In many cases, a company does not need an in-house CFO. In some cases, however, the company may have an existing CFO, and we act as a partner or advisor and help lead separate projects such as raising capital or navigating a transaction.
We have experience with helping businesses overcome specific financial challenges, including:
- Cash flow issues
- Low gross margins
- High expenses
- Outgrown existing systems
- Need to make cost cuts
Can you help scale my business or turn it around?
Yes, if you have proven your concept and need help to scale properly, we can assist you. We can also partner with you if your company is sputtering and you need immediate help to “pull up on the rudders”.
Either way, we help determine how to get you from where you are to where you want to go. Growing a business requires strategic use of capital. One of the most important contributions we can make is developing a financial forecast that will act as a roadmap to achieve company growth in the most efficient, accelerated, and sustainable way possible.
With a short-term (next 90 days), mid-term (rest of this year), and long-term (next 3-5 years) view of your business, you can better anticipate trajectory and cash position or capital requirements. It can make it easier to manage through the lean times, help determine when and how to secure loans or investment dollars, anticipate future compensation levels, and help plan and prioritize future business decisions such as staffing, production and expansion.
We can help you:
- Develop detailed short-, mid-, and long-term financial forecasts
- Prepare budgets based on forecasts
- Analyze potential future products, services, markets, and customer segments
- Navigate banking and investor relationships and vendor communications
- Achieve goals
Can you partner with me to help reach my business goals?
Yes, we enjoy helping our clients achieve a particular goal, such as raising capital or preparing for a sale, merger, or acquisition.
In these cases, we are helpful in:
- Getting books in order
- Producing financial forecasts
- Bringing expertise and validation to the company
- Sitting in on board meetings
- Helping with strategic relationships
- Analyzing term sheets and contracts
- Overseeing due diligence
- Forensic Accounting and Litigation Support Services
- General management and organizational planning
- Computerized accounting systems
- Management training
- Development of accounting procedures and policies manuals
- Financial planning and control systems
- Compensation studies and incentive plans
- Organizational reviews and analyses
- Economic feasibility of projects and ventures
- New business start-up advice and assistance
- Mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and liquidations
- Consideration of rules and regulations applicability for various organizations
Are you ready to speak with our RockRidge Financial team?
To speak with a CFO today, please Contact us by clicking here or call us today at 678-421-9977.